Watch your mailbox for an important mailing
2023 is just around the corner. Time for new algae permits to be signed and membership dues to be paid. Watch your mail the end of December or early January for an important mailing from the CLIA. It is URGENT that we receive the signed permits as soon as possible to set the stage for our summer 2023 plans. You will have everything you need to know in the mailing. Your prompt attention will be appreciated by the CLIA Board and your fellow lake residents.
The Mission of CLIA is to improve the water quality, value, and enjoyment of living on Crystal Lake by engaging resources within and beyond our community to find responsible solutions to our members’ stated concerns.
Being a member of the organization supports this mission. The lake residents thank you for your support because it goes to making our lake clear, clean and attractive to residents, boaters, and those who fish.
How does the Board bring value to this mission?
- The Board is an all-volunteer board elected by the members. There are no paid staff for this organization.
- Each board member represents a neighborhood of lake residents on Crystal Lake and seeks to represent their neighbors’ views to the Board. We care about YOU and your needs.
- We monitor, coordinate permits, fund and treat algae treatments. This saves you money in your own lake treatment efforts. This is treatment beyond what is provided by the City or County. If we did not fund this, the lake residents would need to assume this expense on their own.
- We advocate for the lake and the lake residents with the City of Burnsville, DNR, Dakota County, and Black Dog Watershed district.
- We monitor and invest in lake enhancements such as the fish stocking program and beach clean-up.
- We provide regular communication and updates on news you need to know to support your enjoyment of the lake and the mission of our organization.
Where does your membership dollars go?
- Approximately 90% of the revenue collected goes to lake treatment and services. This includes:
- the CLIA funded algae treatment
- fish stocking
- The other 10% goes to support of our website and other operational costs.
Thank you to our members and supporters for being a part of the Crystal Lake Improvement Association. We truly value your support and are here to serve you and the health of our lake for all to enjoy. If you have any questions, please reply to this newsletter and someone from our Board will get back to you.