Crystal Lake Improvement Association Board Meeting – May 4, 2022 – 7pm
Present: Dave Smith, Brian Carlson, Cheryl Leitschuh, Keith Kaestner, Paul Hillmer, Brooke Fox, Bob Johnston, Dave Perron
Absent: Jeannine Currie, Colleen Nagel, Jay Jenkins, Mike Robole, Tom Harmening
- Meeting called to order at 7:03
- Those present spent time introducing themselves to each other.
- Committee Updates & Ongoing Business
- Secretary’s review of prior meeting minutes & vote – unanimously approved
- Treasurer’s report & vote – unanimously approved
o Introduction of New Board Members (see above)
- Neighborhood updates & member feedback
- New houses up for sale/sold – nothing new to discuss
- New feedback? – none
o Upcoming Calendar Updates – Community clean-up on June 11
o External Relations – Brian – question out to Caleb Ashling about when the buoys will go out, which has not been returned.
o Communications – Cheryl – nothing new other than a recent email to welcome/thank new/old board members
o Algae, Weeds & Aquatic Invasive Plants. J&N will conduct weed harvesting. A date will be selected for one-time weed pick-up one to two weeks after harvesting is complete.
- Follow-up discussion on algae contract and contractors – see below
- DNR invasive species discussion and path forward – Brian and Mike – nothing new to report
- EWM milfoil contract review – Mike is working on this
o Fish & Aquatic Invasive Animals – no members present to discuss this.
o Social – nothing new to report.
- New business & topics for future meetings
- Other items from previous meetings – Nothing discussed
- Election of Officers and Committee Assignments – members expressed their interests in various positions.
- Dave nominated Brian for President – unanimously approved
- Paul nominated Bob for Secretary – unanimously approved
- Dave nominated Tom for Vice President – unanimously approved
- Dave nominated Cheryl for Treasurer – unanimously approved
- Brooke and Jeannine will handle social
- Mike will lead weeds & algae with Dave and/or Paul and also handle web site
- Dave/Bob will serve on fish mgmt.
- Paul will handle communication
- Transfer of Keys, Banking Info and G Drive Digital Approvals – will be handled by Dave, Keith, Cheryl, Brian
- Various logistical concerns were discussed.
- Paul asked Brian to discuss our new lake treatment vendor and what some of the changing dynamics are in this area.
- Thanks expressed to Dave and Keith for their years of service on the board
- Motion to adjourn – 8:08 – unanimously approved
Minutes respectfully submitted on 10 May, 2022 – Paul Hillmer, Secretary